Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)

Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)
Oh, to be in England...

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Downton Abbey Season 6 Episode 4 Best Lines


Lady Violet: Mary needs more than a handsome smile and a hand on a gear stick.
Lord Grantham: I'm surprised you know what a gear stick is.
Lady Violet: I know more than you think.



Lady Violet: What sort of Talbot is he?
Lady Shackleton: A Shrewsbury but nowhere near the earldom. Forty strong men would have to drop dead.
Lady Violet: Nothing is impossible...

********************************************************************

Lady Shackleton:  How can I present myself as an expert when I don't know the facts.
Lady Violet:  It's never stopped me!



Lady Violet:  I haven't been into the kitchens for...oh, at least 20 years.
Isobel:  Have you got your passport?
Tom:  It hasn't changed much since your day.
Lady Violet:  I only know I shall need Ariadne's thread to find my way out!

*****************************************************************

Lady Violet: I presume in the future we can look forward to women field marshals. And a woman pope!

****************************************************************

Lady Rosamund:  Mrs. Carson! It's like Jane Eyre asking to be called Mrs. Rochester!



Lady Mary:  I hope this means you are boiling up to make a pass before we're done.
Henry Talbot:  Probably. But will  you accept?
Lady Mary:  No, but I shall enjoy the process enormously!

******************************************************************

Lady Mary:  Do  you know, I couldn't be less interested in cars if I took a pill to achieve it.
Henry Talbot: Well, that's because you haven't been taught about them...properly.


Mrs. Patmore: I wonder if Karl Marx might finish the liver pate...

Mrs. Patmore: You couldn't be harder on those potatoes if you wanted to make them confess to spying!

2 comments:

  1. I'm finding Daisy's progression wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A close call for Daisy in this episode. I can't wait to see how her story ends!

      Delete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails